20 Jan 2010

Thursday, 31 December 2009

The last day of the year and I can still run in a t-shirt along the beach. It was a long run of more than one hundred minutes. I had my usual warm up running down hill from Vilassar de Dalt to Premia de Mar. At the sea I had to shed a long sleeve shirt and tie it round my waist. Again I had the pack horse look with back pack and shirt hanging off me. The sun provided some warmth even running into the wind. The wind was strong enough to slow me down especially on the more open sections of the Passeig Maritim. My time from Premia station to the el Masnou-Mongat line was 30 minutes 25 seconds and it felt good, not really pushing it.
Instead of stopping at the line I went on for another 10 minutes, past the rail station at Mongat Nord and almost to the mouth of the railway tunnel that is beyond the station. There I stretched a bit before returning to the el Masnou-Mongat line where I again timed the distance to Premia station. I covered the distance in 29 minutes 5 seconds. The wind helped on the return but I cannot say that I really pushed it.
I was tired at the end but not falling down weary. I had no real aches and the groin area caused me no bother. I wondered several times how much the back pack affects my speed and stride. Again I waited for the bus to take me back up to Vilassar. I just cannot face running, or even walking, the three kilometres back up to home.

No comments: