3 Jan 2010

Sunday, 22 November 2009

Today’s run lasted an hour and 33 minutes. It started off somewhat sluggishly. Perhaps that was due to the backpack I ran with. I carried a pair of trousers, t-shirt, a raincoat, a quarter litre of water and a sandwich. The raincoat was in the event of it still raining when I finished the run and waiting for the bus. There was a slight drizzle when I set off down to Premia de Mar. Running along the Passeig Maritim I went as far as the boundary between el Masnou and Montgat. How can a run along the sea be so dismal? The first railway built in Spain ran from Barcelona and Mataro and the line was built right next to the sea. From my turn point to Premia de Mar train station took me 31 minutes and 25 seconds. Toward the end I had slowed noticeably. My legs felt heavier and heavier. Does the backpack make such a difference? It may have weighed as much as 2 kg. The previous week with only an extra shirt tied round my waist I felt much lighter on my feet. On the other hand I may not have recovered from Friday’s run.

No comments: