3 Jan 2010

Friday, 27 November 2009

My back was feeling much better today and I was careful not to make any sudden moves or stress myself unduly. I was worried that I would not be able to run but it was not a problem once I had warmed up. This was another Friday where we finished work at two o’clock allowing for a long run on the mountain. Before the run I weighed myself—I was 72.1 kg. I started at the Fornaca and followed my usual route up to la Roca d’en Toni. It was an overcast day, grey and gloomy. When I reached the flats near the dolmen I could see dark clouds in the west and I thought perhaps it would rain on me.
It is about three kilometres from the Fornaca to la Roca d’en Toni as the crow flies but the route has a few turns. The change in elevation between the two points is about 300 metres. I run most of the distance but  walk some sections of this part of my work out. If it takes me 31 minutes or so between these two points I walk about 10 or 11 minutes.
At the dolmen I stretched again and retied my shoes before heading off toward el Coll del Porc as I had done the previous week. Instead of stopping and turning at Coll del Porc I continued on to Coll de la Gironella. The road along this section of the Serrelada Litoral has very little traffic. At Collde la Gironella I stretched some more and then headed back, past la Roca d’en Toni, down the slope to Can Boquet and the up the long slope to la Font de Sant Mateu. This took about 36 and by the time I had reached Can Boquet my legs were beginning to feel quite heavy. Even when the terrain leveled off along the flats near la Font I was running slowly and with some effort.
After stretching again at Sant Mateu I headed for home. My legs were leaden and I knew the last part of the run was going to be hard even though it was all down hill. Running down a steep incline for any distance is surprisingly difficult. It requires strength in the quads. From Can Bouquet I just headed down to Vilassar de Dalt. My total time for the work out was one hour and 56 minutes. I was bagged by the end of it.

No comments: